Carefree Carriage Company, Phoenix ,AZDescription:
This beautiful Cinderella Carriage was designed and fabricated by Carefree Carriage Company based in Phoenix, AZ. It shows a very creative use of our beautiful flower panels 108/13 and 108/14. We also designed a matching custom panel for the door of the carriage.
Description: This large estate gate was fabricated entirely from our components for the Private Residence in Windmore, PA. The gate measures 22ft wide x 18ft high. The curves on the top were specially a challenge to roll. The scrolls used are 67/3 and 67/11. The flower panels are 107/20 and 107/21. All the vertical bars are ¾” solid edge hammered bars 3/3.
Empire Fence Co, Brewster, NYDescription:
This very simple gate and fence serves to fence the backyard. The leaf used is our cast steel leaf 76/25
Fabricator Info: Plowman Forge, Tampa, FLDescription: This design shows another creative use of components to create a beautiful room divider. The main design elements used here are 32/8, 32/9, 39/14 and 58/2. The project was painted black and then highlighted using Gilder’s Paste.
Fabricator Info: Wrought Iron Guys, Murrells Inlet, SCDescription: This project for the Graham Residence in Myrtle Beach, SC used our readymade Victoria Gate, 500/93. Matching fencing was then fabricated. The motif 88/25 was used as the central theme. And then the gate was painted with our Special Metalwork VINYLAST black paint and highlighted with Copper Patina. The driveway gate was automated with FAAC Model 400.
Fabrication infoDescription: A Gate by Architectural Iron Designs, Plainfield, NJ was prominently featured in 2001 Oscar winning movie “A Beautiful Mind”. It was shown several times and as seen in pictures Russell Crowe and Jennifer Connelly pass through it. Architectural Iron Designs President Jay Shah said, “I had no idea it was for such a blockbuster movie. We're proud to have participated.”
Description: This rustic looking railing was created for an old barn house using the forged and knotted bars. The contemporary yet rustic looking balusters fit perfectly with the theme of the house. The balusters used are 43/22, 43/23, 43/24, 43/25, 43/26, 43/27, 43/28, and 43/29,
Fabricator Info: Carfaro Ironworks, Long Valley, NJDescription: This beautiful interior curved rail was made using panels 45/1, 45/2, 45/3, and 45/4, The panels lent themselves to being rolled into a curve to conform to the shape of the stairs.
Description: This is a pretty Liquor cabinet locking door to keep little fingers out of reach per the homeowner's request. It's mounted on top of cherry wood cabinets and is able to be locked.
Description: These gorgeous chandeliers and sconces are designed by Karl Hipp Designs Rustic Lamps using our leaves and scrolls. The two sconces are 26" high X 17" wide 20" high X 15" wide. The larger chandelier illuminates using 10 lites and is a massive 66" in diameter and 72" high. The smaller 5 lite chandelier measures 52" in diameter and 48" in height. The featured leaves and scrolls: Leaves: 69/18 , 69/19 , 69/22 , 69/23 , 69/16 , 69/92 , 69/93 , 69/20 , 69/21 , 69/26 , 69/27 , 69/125 , 69/126 Scrolls: 67/3 , 67/4 .
Contemporary interior railing using our profile cut balusters. These balusters give a very clean and modern feel to the railing. Looks beautiful with a wood handrail.
BFT Gate Operators
BFT Gate Operators-Installation Manuals
- Architectural Iron Designs, Inc. Edition 7The Edition 7 catalog contains a comprehensive collection of products from all over the world. From France’s lavish Grande Forge Luxury Railing collection to all the standard items needed for everyday railing projects, there is a solution for every need.
- Grande Forge Catalog No. 39Click the PDF Icon to download the newest catalog from Grande Forge. Within this catalog you will see an exclusive collection of railing posts and balusters that blend the most precious materials in the world of artistic forgings - Gold, Crystal, Brass and Cast Iron. The result, like jewelry is a unique piece of art. The railing’s design will impact the atmosphere and feeling of the room like nothing else.
Sculpt Nouveau Chemical Finishes
Sculpt Nouveau Chemical Finishes-MSDS Sheets
- Birchwood Technologies A-14 PatinaBirchwood Technologies A-14 Patina
- Birchwood Technologies M-24 PatinaBirchwood Technologies M-24 Patina
- Birchwood Technologies M-38 PatinaBirchwood Technologies M-38 Patina
- Birchwood Technologies PC-9 PatinaBirchwood Technologies PC-9 Patina
- Clear Guard Ready to SprayClear Guard Ready to Spray
- Clear Guard RegularClear Guard Regular
- Ever ClearEver Clear
- Ever Clear ActivatorEver Clear Activator
- Ever Clear SprayEver Clear Spray
- Metal Cleaner & DegreaserMetal Cleaner & Degreaser
- Metal OilMetal Oil
- Metal WaxMetal Wax
- Patina Stains_CanPatina Stains all Colors
- Patina Stains_SprayPatina Stains all Colors
- Smart CoatSmart Coat
- Smart StainsSmart Stains
- Solvent ThinnerSolvent Thinner
- Traditional Black Magic PatinaTraditional Black Magic Patina
- Traditional Darkening PatinaTraditional Darkening Patina
- Traditional Japanese Brown PatinaTraditional Japanese Brown Patina
- Traditional Slate Black PatinaTraditional Slate Black Patina
- Traditional Stainless Black PatinaTraditional Stainless Black Patina
- Traditional Tiffany Green PatinaTraditional Tiffany Green Patina
Stainless Steel Railing Systems
- Automated GatesEntering the World of Automated Gates
- Beautiful FinishesThis article by the late Nancy Hollerbach offers a plethora of creative finishing ideas - verdigris, rust, liquid metal, etc.
- Clearing the Confusion Over Wrought ironClarifies the three different meanings of "wrought".Written for architects and homeowners.
- Combat Corrosion by DesignJohn Campbell uncovers several examples of poor design methods that induce or speed up the corrosive process.
- Dreamshop Problems in your shopExpanding your shop? Moving to a new facility? This all-time favorite Fabricator article provides ideas for maximizing workflow.
- Harmonic ProportionA classical Basis for Metalwork Design.
- Joint Finish GuidelinesNOMA'S Guidelines for weld joint finishes.
- Roll BendingRoll Bending
- Specification ResourcesSpecification Resources by Construction Specifications Institute(CSI)
- The Sticky Business of PaintMysterious problems that have plagued your shop for years may be attributed to simple causes. Factors like dirty air, incompatible solutions, or an improper primer may wreck more havoc than you realize.
- Think "Metal work" On Your Next ProjectAn introductory article on ornamental metalwork for architects.
- Troubleshooting Paint ProblemsA companion to the "Sticky Business of Paint" article above. Covers problems ranging from pinholes to cracks and provides probable causes.
- Welding AluminumSetting up an aluminum welding operation requires some investment and a slightly different perspective.